- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable regardless of whether the information is true or not. PCI only collects personal information which is necessary for, or related to, one or more of its functions or activities.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction that you have with us. The types of personal information that we collect include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone details;
- age and date of birth;
- credit card or bank account details; and
- if you apply for a job in one of our businesses, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including:
- when you send us an e-mail, “contact us” message or make any other form of written enquiry;
- via mobile sites, applications, widgets and other mobile interactive features (collectively “Apps”), for example, when you provide feedback via a QR Code App;
- via our official social media pages that we control, such as the official pages for PCI on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- when you donate to PCI;
- when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which we (or one of our agents) conduct;
- when you sign up to receive our newsletters; or
- when you submit an application for employment with us.
We also collect personal information from third parties, for example:
- your friends via a refer a friend promotion;
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf;
- debit and payment service providers who process transactions on behalf of our various businesses;
- market research organisations we engage to conduct market research;
- our official pages on social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; and
- recruiters we have retained and from referees you have provided in support of a job application.
- ACCESS BY CHILDREN
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- for the purpose requested;
- to respond to your query or feedback;
- to process your request to make a PCI donation;
- to process and consider your application for employment;
- to assist with our internal charitable processes;
- for market research purposes in order to improve our product and service offering;
- to administer promotions and surveys; and
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
- WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances including to:
- related entities of PCI;
- contractors, agents and suppliers we engage to provide products and/or perform services for us, for example customer feedback analysts, digital marketing agencies, online shopping cart service providers, photo processing companies, payment processors and personal trainers;
- any charities we collaborate with;
- our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
- law enforcement bodies; and
- any other person if required by law.
- ANONYMITY AND PSEUDONYMS
From time to time, you may be able to visit our website or social media platforms and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, we require certain personal information to be able to provide you with our products or information you seek. If you do not provide us with certain required information, we may not be able to provide you with access to those services or products or respond to your request or communication.
For example, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry, assess your application, enter you in a promotion, or send you requested information.
- UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
You can update (or request us to update) your personal information at any time. We ask you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to provide you with useful information.
- To update your details, please email us at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you have an online account with us, you may update your details via your online account.
If you would like to unsubscribe or “opt out” from receiving any direct correspondence from PCI, that option will be available in the relevant communication sent to you. We will respond to your unsubscribe request within a reasonable period after your request is made.
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, UPDATE OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You are also able to update your details or request us to remove your details should you wish to “opt out” in the future. Should you wish to access, update or remove your details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, if you have an online account with one of our businesses, you may be able to access the personal information we hold about you via your online account.
If there is a lawful reason for not providing you with access, we will provide you with a written explanation and will inform you of the mechanism to complain about our refusal at that time.
Please note that we will respond to your requests as soon as reasonably practicable and we may charge a reasonable fee for doing so.
- SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
PCI takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, modification and unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information.
We have implemented a variety of electronic and physical security measures to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. These measures include:
- your information is stored on secured networks consistent with industry standards, and is only accessible by those employees and agents who have special access rights to such systems;
- our websites use a secure server so that credit card details provided when purchasing tickets or paying for memberships, for example, are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring or receiving sensitive information supplied by users; and
- where your information is in hardcopy form, such documents are stored in secured areas only accessible by those employees and agents with special access rights.
We also reinforce where possible that our contractors, agents, commercial partners and third party service providers have the same information security measures in place.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have an online account, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep your login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, private and secure.
However, if you nevertheless prefer not to receive cookies, you can configure your Internet browser on your electronic device to reject them, or to notify you if they are being used. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our websites and the online shopping process.
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our websites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google
- LINKED SITES
- PRIVACY COMPLAINT OR CONCERN
If you have a complaint or concern about the way in which your privacy has been handled by PCI, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond by email as soon as possible confirming receipt of your complaint or concern. We will then proactively investigate your complaint or concern and provide you with our response within a reasonable timeframe.